Suffer from an allergy, even severe, never prevented any woman to carry out a pregnancy! If you do not stop treatment abruptly and to follow closely by an allergist.
Will my allergy worsen during my pregnancy?
- Very numerous statistical studies have led to the rule of “three thirds.We observed indeed for one-third of moms allergic, bad gets worse them during the nine months of pregnancy. Another third, it stagnates. And for the last third, it regresses.
- But unfortunately, we can’t predict a woman it will belong to which group.Except for l’ asthma : we know that asthma lightweight – less than a crisis a week – are likely to improve. In contrast to the severe asthmes – more than 4 attacks per week – that tend to remain stationary.
- Similarly, it is unclear the mechanisms at work in improving or worsening of an allergy in a pregnant woman.The very complex immune changes that take place to allow the pregnancy to take place – including the release of some mediators by the immune system – are probably involved. Recall indeed that immunity and allergy are directly linked: the latter is a disproportionate reaction of our defenses against “aggressors” a priori harmless such as pollens or animal hair!
If I take certain precautions, that this can reduce the risk that my baby is allergic?
- We know that with an allergic MOM, a baby has 30% risk of also being.If the dad itself also has this problem, this figure rises to more than 60%. And if both parents suffer from the same disease – for example if they have two asthma pollen – it almost 100%!
- But alas, no special precautions to reduce the weight of heredity.Thus, long advised moms having an allergic ground to avoid allergenic renowned foods – such as groundnut, exotic fruits, oilseeds-, to hunting to mites, dust or animal hair, in order to limit the exposure of the fetus to allergens. In reality, all the studies have shown that this was absolutely useless! So, if you are not allergic to the cat hair, don’t run particularly these animals. Just remove the allergen to the origin of your reactions – if you – as you usually do.
Smoking multiplies tenfold the risk that your toddler is allergic…
- Of course, and we don’t ever repeat it enough:stop smoking until your baby avoid attend smoky atmospheres. Smoking multiplies tenfold the risk that your toddler is allergic…
Can I continue my treatment against asthma?
- Not only you can but you must!We also do regularly re-evaluate your treatment with your doctor during your pregnancy, in case you would be in the ‘bad’ third of the allergies that are getting worse. Most long-term treatment course, take asthmatics to limit the number of crises and their severity, combines two types of molecules: of the beta-Mimetic long-term (or bronchodilators that have the effect of dilating the bronchi) and corticosteroids (which reduce the inflammation of the bronchi). All preferably by inhaled route.
- Thesedrugs are not absolutely contraindicated during pregnancy: no study has ever reported a risk any malformation of the fetus. The only observed effect is a slight acceleration of the heart rate in the mother, and therefore in the baby, due to beta-Mimetic.
- These very anxious moms can feel reassured by visiting the siteInternet of the Crat (Centre of reference on teratogenic agents). They will find, sorted by pathology, all medicines can be used safely when it is pregnant.
Can an asthma attack affect my unborn baby?
- An asthma attack, even short, is never without effect on the baby you are wearing: it causes a drop in the level of oxygen in your body and, by extension, in your child.When your oxygen saturation down one point – in normal times, it is calculated on a basis of 100 and falls easily to 99 or 98 in a slight crisis, much lower during a severe crisis – this corresponds to a reduction of the oxygen of 30% for your baby! Its small bodies in full training, including the brain, adapt badly to such deprivation… It is therefore essential to prevent a crisis and for this to take it carefully!
If I started a desensitization before getting pregnant, should I stop?
- Not at all!It would be a pity to stop this lengthy process that spans a period of three to five years… and then having to start all over again from the beginning! Here again, you do no risk to your toddler, the idea is to bring the body through oral or injectable, extremely low doses of the allergens that are causing you concern. However, we never start a desensitization during pregnancy: given the length of the treatment, it can wait a few more months!
Can an allergy appear during pregnancy?
- An allergy can occur at any age while we knew having an allergic field, including for example with a food which it has already consumed.Many reasons can explain its sudden onset: taking a drug, an infectious disease, a move… and also a pregnancy!
- If you have a heavy reaction of type edema of angioedema, with a sudden swelling of the face, better consult quickly after the incident to assess allergic – these skin tests are safe for the baby – and determine the responsible allergen.
- If the reaction is moderate, your doctor will take care of the symptoms but can wait the after Whether it’s the Birch or ash that makes you sneeze is not an extreme emergency!
A weird allergy: the sperm
- It is very rare, but it’s the only one that could interfere with your pregnancy, or even make it impossible: allergy to the seminal fluid of your spouse’ssperm ! The women concerned to protect through condoms… until the day where they want a child. Is then the possibility of a desensitization but that does not always work. Another solution: centrifuge sperm, recover the sperm without the seminal fluid and practice artificial insemination. Like what, is not an allergy which will prevent you from becoming MOM!
pet allergy, pets and allergies, pet allergen, cats …
Asthma – Vital Update
How to be breast cancer aware
Update on the baby Tylenol recall
Folic acid supplements during late pregnancy up allergy …
Antibiotic update in icu
Formatting Vertical Lists
Dead Frontier — Elite implants! [Buying a Salvage one …
Organize Your Receipts
50 year old bombs shut down Maine lobster traps
How to Be More Diplomatic
Kids and Table Manners
What Is A Keynote Speech?
Should You Buy Rental Property?
Are Pickles Good for You?
PUPPP Rash: Treatment and Prevention
Wardrobe Update — Start With Easy Pieces
Lipozene photo medium
Shingles (Herpes Zoster)