A few decades ago, the pregnancy was something ordinary and routine in the lives of women.Where, due to lack of birth control, the usual was the occurrence of birth followed by the other, thus creating large families of five, ten, twelve sons. That was gradually decreasing from 60 years, with the feminist revolution and the arrival of the newest and one of the most effective birth control ever invented, the contraceptive pill.
Synonymous with freedom and autonomy for women, with the creation of it, might, anyway, if really proclaim own the body itself, as well as your wishes. Having to guarantee the planning of pregnancy and can now choose the time when they intended to become pregnant or have the right to choose not to have children, if maternity clothing is desired by Insurancejust.
Initial cap, the contraceptive pill paved the way for from many other contraceptive methods. Today, in the 21 century, the woman have the hand means not to be surprised by an unwanted pregnancy.In addition to the pill and also famous condom–male and female–no shortage of options. Meet some other recognized and effective methods:
– The Patch: it is a sticker that should be replaced every week. The Patch has the same way of the pill. With approximately four centimeters in width and height, must be glued on the skin (arms, abdomen or buttocks). Releases gradually in the body of the female hormones (estrogen and progestin) preventing ovulation and hindering the penetration of sperm into the egg. You must paste the adhesive on the skin and leave for seven days. In the eighth, remôva it and apply another immediately. The adhesive must be used for 21 days in a row. Passed the days, take a week off and then use it. Is better suited to women who don’t have adapted the pill.
– The Vaginal ring: introduced by the doctor in the doctor’s Office, has the same functionality of the pill and the patch. It is a flexible plastic ring and transparent, with external diameter of 54 mm and thickness of 4 mm. Releases estrogen and progestin directly into the vaginal wall. Works by releasing little by little the hormones that prevent ovulation. Each ring is intended for a use, which concludes in three weeks of use, followed by a week without the ring. Must be inserted by the woman herself, similarly to a tampon. Its use is better suited to women who do not want the obligation of having to swallow pills daily.
– Monthly injection: an injection of hormones, it can be applied monthly or quarterly, depending on the formulation. The hormones used are similar to those of the birth control pill and work the same way. Hormones in liquid form, are injected intramuscular injection – in the butt. Applied in pharmacies, your usage is more indicated for women who do not have or do not want to have the discipline required by the contraceptive pill.
– The implant: a progesterone capsule inserted under the skin, consists of a small rod, 4 cm long and 2 mm in diameter, inserted under the skin. The stem contains the hormone progestin, released slowly in measured doses. So, the woman stops Ovulating and increases the viscosity of the cervical mucus, inhibiting the penetration of sperm. The implant is placed under the skin on the upper arms, being the procedure done by a gynecologist. Is more indicated for patients who cannot make use of the hormone estrogen.
– IUD (intrauterine device): made of polyethylene wrapped in copper or plastic, usually in the form of a “T”. Age thickening the cervical mucus, creating a barrier against the sperm. The plastic model has small doses of hormones that when released makes the woman stop menstruating. Needs to be placed inside the vagina by a gynecologist. Indicated for women who don’t want to use hormones, are smoking, high blood pressure or who are breastfeeding. Has as advantages, being of long duration-up to ten years–and easy rollback, where the woman, after your withdrawal, you can turn to conceive normally.
Nursing Mnemonics & Tricks (Obstetrics and Newborn Care …
Morning-after pill that works five days later
MENSTRUAL CYCLE AND OVULATION PERIOD (Made easy to …
The Hello Doctor Medical Blog
Hello from Clue — Emergency contraception: When it’s most …
How to Get Pregnant With PCOS and Get Rid Of Ugly Symptoms
How Do IUDs Work? What You Need to Know About the Popular …
Alcohol & drinking presentation
Hirsutism modern treatment
9 Best & Latest Orange Kurta Designs For Ladies And Gents …
SAFE SEX 101: How To Prevent UNWANTED PREGNANCY! (5 Simple …
Heart disease in pregnancy
8 Things You Don’t Know About Female Condoms
Video: Ghana’s Most Beautiful Winner 2018 Abena Reveals …
New contraceptive implant best way to prevent pregnancy …
Understanding the Heat Cycle of Female Dogs