Your blood pressure is monitored closely throughout the pregnancy. The pathologies related to thevoltage may indeed be serious!
High blood pressure and pregnancy toxaemia
At each prenatal visit, your doctor will take your blood pressure: in the pregnant woman, the voltage drops naturally by about two points. Complications may occur if it is too high: it is called high blood pressure.
It takes two forms:
- It may be permanent, knownbefore pregnancy or diagnosed before 20 weeks of amenorrhea : in this case, the risks are minor for you and your baby because your condition is already taken in charge properly.
- It is induced bypregnancy : she appears generally after 20 weeks of amenorrhea. This is called pregnancy toxaemia and she is to be taken seriously! It is due to a problem of blood flow at the level of the placenta. Exchanges between your body and your baby are embarrassed, which may result in stunted growth.
The symptoms of high blood pressure
- Theblood pressure is greater than or equal to 14/9 permanently;
- Swelling (hands, feet, face,…) appear;
- Brutal and significant weight gain is observed;
- Albumin is detected urine;
- Other physical signs like buzzing, a photosensitivity (sensitivity to light), “flies” in front of the eyes…May appear depending on the women.
In all cases, if at least one of these signs is detected, you will be monitored closely and eventually hospitalized briefly for a more complete assessment.
Namely: some profiles are more likely than others to be achieved of toxemia : If you have more than 40 years or under 18, if you are expecting twins or more, if you have diabetes (but you are then supervised Office!) … There is also more cases of pregnancy toxemia for a first pregnancy.
- AnIUGR (intra uterine growth delay);
- Kidney dysfunction or maternal liver;
- Aretro hematoma placental;
These last two risks are more serious, but don’t appear only rarely. They are indeed linked to a bad monitoring of blood! The retro placental hematoma is a premature detachment of the placenta. Eclampsia is characterized by attacks of convulsions. In both cases, the health and the life of the child and the mother are at stake!
If you are already diagnosed diagnosed, your treatment will be tailored to yourpregnancy.
If a pregnancy high blood pressure appears, you first updated in strict rest, with hospitalization if necessary. You and your baby will be monitored closely: blood and urinary regular, monitoring, ultrasound and doppler, drugs…
If your toxaemia is severe, you will be directed to a level III maternity where the gynaecologist may decide to trigger your birth and/or to carry out a caesarean. The symptoms of pregnancy toxemia disappear a few days to a few weeks after giving birth.
High Blood Pressure During Pregnancy: A Lifelong Concern
Hypertension Facts For Pregnant Women
What Are the Risks of Low Blood Pressure During Pregnancy?
Chronic high blood pressure in pregnancy
High Blood Pressure During Pregnancy
High Blood Pressure and Pregnancy
High Blood Pressure During Pregnancy: Causes, Symptoms …
HEALTH BULLETIN .CO: Air pollution tied to high blood …
Causes of high blood pressure during pregnancy
Preeclampsia- The Characteristic High Blood Pressure in …
Blood Pressure During Pregnancy
High Blood Pressure During Pregnancy
How to Treat High Blood Pressure During Pregnancy
Hypertension in Pregnancy
Pregnancy and High Blood Pressure
Pregnancy-induced Hypertension Increases Risk of Post …
Low blood pressure during pregnancy risks
Low Blood Pressure During Pregnancy – Is It a Dangerous Sign?
Maternal blood pressure in pregnancy, birth weight, and …
Hypertensive disorders in pregnancy